Thursday, July 29, 2010

Myra Vitaglow


My skin has been bordering on dry lately so when I saw the reviews on Myra Vitaglow Tinted Moisturizer, I decided to try it out myself.


 According to Myra:
  • For healthy, glowing, young-looking skin
  • Gives a hint of color, evens out skin tone with a neutral coverage
  • With Minerals to give skin an healthy looking glow
  • Enriched with Vitamin E to help keep skin soft, healthy and young looking
  • With SPF 15 to help protect the skin against the sun's rays
  • Dermatologist tested 
A little goes a long way
You just need a pea size amount, otherwise, blending becomes a challenge.

 The texture is a bit runny.

The coverage is pretty sheer.

After blending I kinda like the dewy effect it had on my skin. Sorry, due to bad lightning I didn't get a blog worthy shot of Vitaglow on my face.

But after a few minutes my skin became "sparkly".
Nothing in the league of the Cullens but noticeable enough for Mamu to ask, "Are you wearing make-up?"  I think this is the "glow" part of the product.

Me Likey:
  • Pretty decent coverage
  • Blending is a breeze
  • A three-in-one product (moisturizer, SPF and light foundation)
  • Gentle enough to be used everyday.  I've been using this for a little over two weeks now and no major breakout so far
  • SPF 15
  • The price, somewhere between Php130-135

No Likey:
  • So-so moisturizing power because the dry parts of my face still appeared dry after more than two hours of use
  • So-so staying power, either you have to retouch after three hours
  • The sparkly specks
After a few days, I tried this with my moisturizer (Pond's Age Miracle) and it somehow neutralized the sparkly specks.  

Me Says:

This is my first time to try a tinted moisturizer, blame it on age, but it is only now that I pay attention to my skin.  So far I like the new Myra Vitaglow, it's pretty affordable and the coverage is pretty decent (in relation to its price) and the most important thing, I had no major breakouts. Though I'm a little wishy-washy about the "glitter", this can be mattified by my moisturizer.

While I like this product, I think I'll continue to try other tinted moisturizers.  Maybe there's something better out there.

Repurchase? I already did.

No comments:

Post a Comment