Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ukay Haul Under 100

People say that finding the best ukay pieces require patience.  I tend to agree, but more than that, I think rummaging through all the piles and piles of dusty, neptalene scented clothes to find hidden treasures is really a combination of talent and luck.

It's been ages since I've gone ukay hunting. Whenever I come across one I usually enter and look around but more often than not, I end up empty handed.

The closest thing to a regular ukay store that I have is Igi's Ukay-ukay along V.Luna in Quezon City  only because it's near a drug store that we used to frequent when my dad was confined at a nearby hospital.

Here are my favorite finds under 100 which have become wardrobe staples.

Skirts at 75 pesos each at Igi's.
I usually pair these babies with a tank top or a tee and flip flops or flats for that casual vibe.  Fancier tops with wedges or heels for more special occasions.

Another Igi's find is this 75 peso dress.
I love the color of this dress, old rose with gold undertones. I wouldn't say that it was exactly what I was looking for, but I remember hoping to find a nice (and cheap) dress.  The best part about the whole thing is that this dress fits me so well, no alterations were made.  I got a lot of compliments when I wore this to one of my events with a gold belt (please note that I paid more for the belt) and my rose colored wedges.

A linen skirt for 50 pesos at an ukay-ukay in Cubao X.
The stripes of of green and beiges is what got to me. Usually, I pair this with my olive green halter top and gold ballet flats.

Last but not least is my best ukay find to date.  A G2000 coat for a whopping price of 35 pesos!

I bought this a few years back also at Igi's when I was on my way to friend's house.  I think they were having a clearance sale or something.  This coat was in mint quality when I found it because the pockets were still stitched together and the extra buttons are all intact.  Definitely my best buy yet.

I always make it a point to soak my ukay finds in salt and water before washing.  I heard somewhere that this cleanses the clothes both of bacteria and spirits, I'm not sure if it works though.

Another thing, I think most, if not all of these purchases were made on a weekday, I don't know if that accounts for the really cheap prices or maybe it's my size, I'm between an XS and a small (or between 0 to 2).  But whatever it is, the cheapskate in me is happy with these treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment